Did you see the 63rd annual 2011 Emmy Awards last night? …the pre-show especially! Seeing the red carpet interviews on awards shows is truly a hair, makeup and fashion stylists addiction. I always love the variety in every one’s style not matter the look…the good, the so-so and even the “that’s just wrong”. I always seem to focus on the good in any situation.
The two key factor things (outside of everything else) in looking red carpet fabulous are LIPS & LASHES! And when you emphasize one one vs. the other talk about amazing!! It was truly hard to choose who I wanted to blog about the most but for some reason Kerry Washington (in red) & Evan Rachel Wood stood out to me the most.
To achieve Kerry’s fabulous lips & lashes, try these products:
- MAC Cosmetics: Individual False Lashes (variety pack) in “30 Lash” / $15 @ MAC
- NARS Cosmetics: Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in “Cruella” / $24 @ Sephora
- Mally Beauty*: Volumizing Mascara in “Black” / $20 @ MallyBeauty.com(HINT: add a touch a lip balm over “Cruella” to give a slight sheen if the matte look isn’t your style & white eyeliner on the lower inner rim of the eyes only to make them appear a bit larger & brighter)
To achieve Evan Rachel’s fabulous lips & lashes, try these products:
- Yves Saint Laurent: YSL Rouge Volupte silky lipstick in “Spicy Pink” / $34 @ Sephora
- Ardell: False lashes in “Wispies” / $4.49 @ SallyBeauty.com
- Maybelline*: Great Lash Washable Mascara in “Very Black” / $5.49 @ Walgreens.com(HINT: apply Mally Beauty “Lightwand Eye Brightener” in the inner corners of the eyes to brighten the eyes)
*not illustrated in photos above